I help stay-at-home moms to start a business because small businesses are the backbone of a nation and they make communities thrive! Any mom with passion and drive can become a successful entrepreneur as long as they put their mind writing a business plan and focusing on the kind of product and service that solves a problem. You don’t even need office space anymore! Most of us are working from home, making samples on top of the kitchen counter, and teleworking from the family room!
I believe that entrepreneurship and motherhood are a match made in heaven! Both are unpredictable, messy, exhausting, and amazing! One day they give you the chills, other some scares, and thrills, but above all bliss.
Starting a business in a nutshell
- Every business needs to solve a problem that its customers face.
- You must explain what the problem is and how your product or service solves it. What are its benefits, features, and unique selling proposition?
- A successful idea has proprietary features that give you a competitive advantage like patents, exclusive agreements, or licenses.
- You must have a price structure. High-end? Low-end?
- Find a niche, focus on a group that would benefit the most from your offer, and test your idea.
- Write a business vision, create a mental image of how important it is for you to open a business, reflect on the activities that will make you happy, fulfilled, and proud of yourself.
- Set business goals, imagine your business one year from now, what does it look like? What about five years from now.
- Find the right team. From employees, suppliers, vendors, maintenance, and asset protection. You need to think about who will help your business thrive and prepare your taxes!
- Make a marketing plan, look at your business goals, and write down a step-by-step process on how you will achieve them.
- Set up your website, social media business profiles.
- Focus on your ideal client, it is more than having likes and followers, it is about targeting the right audience.
- Create lead magnets and network but above all be authentic and true to your vision!
- Always include a call-to-action (CTA) to inspire, educate, or excite your audience.
- Practice your elevator pitch, your deals, and promos before a meeting.
- Always Plan for Success and you shall have it.
The more solid your business plan is, the easier it is to design a successful marketing campaign because business goals are marketing goals!
Back 2 Work Mom Services
- Mentoring and Brainstorming Sessions
- Website Tips and Tricks
- Business ideas for moms
- Finding Your Compass, setting goals designing the ideal client and target audience.
- 1:1 Private Strategy Sessions.
- Weekly copyright and social media feedback support (posts, hashtags, title ranking, marketing material, and one website audit)
I have more than 25 years as an entrepreneur, analyst, consultant, and over 1,650 hrs. (and counting) as a mentor for small businesses.
I help my clients reach their audience and get clients.