It doesn’t matter if you want to return to work, work from home, or start your own home-based business. If you want to earn an income in 2020 on your own terms, you need to set three goals:
- Make a personal vision statement.
- Create an action plan.
- Network with a purpose.
Find your compass
Before starting to draft your goal to earn an income for 2020, you need to take some time to understand your value, your natural gifts, qualities, and what you can give to the world. It is central for you to know who you are and who you want to become before committing to a goal.
Like I said before, you need to find your compass, that is your starting point. The REASONS FUELING your core value KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED and grounded on what you really want, how you want it, and when you want it.
By becoming more aware of who you are and who you want to become, it would be easier to make the best choice on how to earn an income in 2020. When many options seem appealing is very comforting to rely on your core value to guide you in the right direction.
Put on your thinking cap
- Reflect back on a moment where you felt happy, fulfilled, and proud of yourself.
- Make a list of any activities where you experience this happiness, what is it specifically about it that you enjoyed so much.
- Acknowledge your value, what can you give to the world, your natural gifts, and qualities.
Personal Vision Statement
Write down the best description of what you would like to achieve on your personal finance, the activities that contribute to your happiness and your goal, that is your personal vision statement (PVS)
Think about how important it is to be financially independent. Have enough money to meet your wants, needs and to save for the future.
Reflect how the activities that make you happy, fulfilled, and proud of yourself contribute to achieving your financial independence.
Choose three qualities that will lead your vision statement.
Create an Action Plan
A vision without action is only a dream, set day-to-day activities that enable you to fulfill your goals. Avoid procrastination, write down what needs to be done, and when.
Your action plan must have a specific statement with details of what steps have to be followed, a time schedule for each level, information on how to supervise activities, a description of the resources needed, and clarification of what will happen if criteria are not met. Since you are your own boss, you need to make yourself accountable.
Network with a purpose
Networking is not asking for a job, a referral, or selling. Networking is identifying opportunities to help others, and yes, it could be by selling or offering a service that you are an expert on. Networking with a purpose creates an environment where the other person actually looks forward to follow-up with you because they benefit from your conversation.
How to network with a purpose:
- Find your niche, how can you help others?
- Have an 8-second pitch of what you do, your business card, and your website ready to share.
- Pay attention and respond in simple terms; you don’t want to bore anyone.
- Try to make the right questions and show you are interested in their ideas. Extracting information is critical for networking.
Thanks for stopping by, let’s connect.